Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dream from January 2014/story from dream preview

Dream:

It started out normal enough; taking a swim in a pool, but then turned bizarre. I was approached by a dark-clad girl with white hands and no face (which oddly enough didn't scare me). She was a ghost, and led me to another ghost, this one a boy who was murdered. I helped him avenge his death, which set him free. And apparently his old teacher was taken by the same murderer, so my attack freed them both.

Later I was trying to sleep, while still in the dream, and a group of kids who seemed very unusual appeared. They had eyes the size and shape of an owl's. They knew the ghosts, and one asked if I was Solar or Lunar Alignment. Because I like the night, I said Lunar.
The leader of the group said I was perfect, then the rest of the group picked me up and carried me to their hideout. They had laser beam motion detectors to prevent anyone but them from getting in. Their headquarters was in a giant hollow tree, and once inside, they said they needed to summon a magical creature.

Strangely enough, at this point I knew it was a dream and how it would end. But when I tried to wake up, one of the kids said I had to stay a little longer and gave me a handful of coins. They said that once the spell was complete, I would be returned home easily. I didn't really have much choice though, as I was bound by magic. But as they completed the spell, one said something about a 'mirror woman'.
I didn't know what that was, but it sounded rather bad. I assumed it meant they would send a mirror-version duplicate of me back to my world and keep me there as their 'lunar goddess' or something similar. I managed to escape and woke up.


Story outline/characters based on this dream (still in very early stages, title is "Children of the Owl") :

Kiralune: Native American-like girl (though the story does not take place in this world) with 'true sight'- that is she can travel through both dreams and reality.  In the dream world she wears white traditional dress and has big white feather wings.Good alignment.

Owl Children (Most names TBD, leader named Snow) : owl-like eyes, have feathers in hair/on clothes. They can fly and have hypnotic powers/night magic, which gets stronger on the full moon. Good to neutral alignment.

Night Pixies: mischief makers that routinely cause trouble for mortals, sometimes temporarily trapping them in the dream world. Neutral alignment.

Dark mage (name TBD) : Evil sorcerer who traps mortal souls/spirit-selves/whatever you call it in the dream world permanently unless his magic is undone. Motive TBD. Evil alignment.


Places:

World of Dream (made of landscapes that seem to change with every step, lots of glowing plants/rocks/everything else, creatures of magic everywhere).

 "Tree of Dreams"- that is an enormous ancient tree that is immortal with what looks like glowing golden fruits (actually condensed dream magic) hanging from branches, gold leaves, silver trunk. Is getting sick because of the Dark Mage's evil magic.

'Real' world: similar to this world but with a lot less technology- no cars, just horses, no one conquering other lands/people,etc


Plot (not going to reveal too much of course) : Kiralune is meditating in the woods and sees a ghost, actually a young boy whose soul/spirit-self/whatever you call it is trapped in the world of Dream. He sensed her powerful magic and asked her for help. He wants to be freed and to help free the others the dark mage has trapped, and keep him from trapping anyone again. NOTE: telling any more of the plot would be spoilers, so I won't. You'll have to wait for the book to come out (which won't be for a long time probably-sorry!)

4 comments:

  1. This dream/story sounds really, really cool! I love how creative and poetic it is and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! Like I said, I don't know when it will be done but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream is so vivid!! I love the details, and it's awesome that you can remember so much of your dream! Scary that the people in your dream didn't want you to wake up though. I really like the story you're basing off it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it! And yeah, the dream got kinda creepy there...

    ReplyDelete