Sunday, February 8, 2015

Welcome

Greetings, readers.

My first name is Sarah, I am a college student and an aspiring novelist and poet. With luck I might get a book of poems I've written published this year. I make no guarantees.

Interests:

Writing (specifically fantasy and poetry)

Reading high fantasy, poetry books, etc.

Comic books (Superhero, 'kiddie', and whatever else catches my eye)

Cartoons (especially superhero and 'funny-animal')

Hiking

Drawing (though I can't really draw realistic or cartoony).

Contemplating things/figuring things out (both existing in reality and existing in my stories)

Daydreaming/dreaming

Having surprisingly deep conversations with friends and family (sometimes) and (more often) discussing cartoons/comic books with my friends and family.


Some random facts:

I have at least a dozen novels in progress, several of which are in the process of a complete rewrite as I have figured out more of the culture of the world and characters that exist within.

I've written probably hundreds of poems, though there are only a few I like enough to try to publish if I can.

One of my poems got published in my high school's literary magazine my sophomore year, and that same poem placed second in 2 poetry contests: one in my high school and one at my grandmother's senior center.

I have very vivid dreams, some of which are inspiration for my novels or scenes within them.

I have two lovely cats that have inspired some poems, drawings, and paintings.

I hope to eventually get a job as a field biologist.



This blog will probably consist of:

Some of the vivid dreams I mentioned that would make good stories

Sneak peeks of stories and books (including poetry) that I have in progress.

(Possibly) some of my artwork

And probably random posts about whatever comes to mind at the time every so often.


The blog will be updated approximately whenever I feel like it. So check back here once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment